Shin Buddhism in Modern Culture
Chapter 23 – Shin Buddhism in Encounter with a Religiously Plural World
Multiple Choice Questions
[mcq id=”1738″ ]
1. What can the Shin Buddhist gain by interacting with and engaging in dialogue with other religious traditions? What can she or he offer?
2. Although he held strong convictions, Shinran was not dogmatic. He clearly understood his limitations. In interfaith dialogue, do you think Shinran’s humble attitude would be regarded as a sign of passivity and weakness? Why or why not?
3. Having reflected upon this final chapter, do you now feel that you would like to someday take part in interfaith discussions?Why or why not?
4. In your opinion what are some of the areas in which Shin Buddhism can contribute to religious dialogue in contemporary society?
5. Would you encourage your own temple (if you are a member) to take part in interfaith dialogue? Why or why not? Do you think there would be opposition to this idea? If so, by whom?