We would like to invite you to join us for the Gatha Writing Workshop sponsored by Honpa Hongwanji Hilo Betsuin, which will be held on May 15 and 22, 2022 at 1:30 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
This will be a two part sessions, which include:
- Learn rhythm and structure in poetry and music
- Based on a theme, practice writing short poems or lyrics (Session 1)
- Take work home to flush out poetic or lyrical lines
- Return to workshop for review, edit, collaboration and a draft (Session 2)
- E-mail follow-up may ensue for any musical compositions (this is the ultimate goal! – an eventual gatha)!
If you would like to sign up or have any questions, please contact workshop facilitator, BJ Soriano at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.